In a major stride towards innovation and efficiency in the semiconductor industry, Faraday Technology Corporation (TWSE: 3035) has announced a groundbreaking collaboration with industry giants Arm and Intel.
The focus of this collaboration is the development of a cutting-edge 64-core System-on-Chip (SoC) utilizing Intel 18A technology and seamlessly integrating Arm® Neoverse™ Compute Subsystems (CSS). This collaboration aims to deliver unparalleled performance and power efficiency, specifically tailored for the construction of scalable hyperscale data centers, infrastructure edge applications, and advanced 5G networks.
The Vision Behind the Arm-Based SoC:
Faraday envisions its newly developed Arm-based System-on-Chip (SoC) as a foundational component of their upcoming SoC evaluation platform. Additionally, the platform aims to empower customers by accelerating the development of various applications, including data center servers, high-performance computing (HPC)-related ASICs, and custom SoCs.
The incorporation of Arm Total Design ecosystem’s interface IPs ensures a comprehensive implementation and verification process for Intel 18A technology. Moreover, the integrated approach is set to streamline SoC architecture exploration within the front-end design flow, ultimately reducing the overall chip development timeline. We expect to make the solution available in the first half of 2025.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Unparalleled Performance: The 64-core SoC leverages the power of Intel 18A technology and integrates Arm Neoverse CSS, delivering exceptional performance for applications in data centers, HPC, and advanced 5G networks.
- Power Efficiency: The collaboration emphasizes the importance of power efficiency, crucial for the sustainable development of scalable hyperscale data centers and infrastructure edge applications.
- Comprehensive SoC Evaluation Platform: Faraday’s upcoming SoC evaluation platform is designed to be a valuable resource for customers, offering a robust environment for the development of data center servers, HPC-related ASICs, and custom SoCs.
- Arm Total Design Ecosystem Integration: The incorporation of interface IPs from the Arm Total Design ecosystem ensures a seamless and comprehensive implementation and verification process for Intel 18A technology.
- Accelerated Time-to-Market: The strategic collaboration with Arm and Intel positions Faraday to expedite the time-to-market for cutting-edge data center and HPC applications, providing a competitive edge for ASIC and DIS (Design Implementation Service) customers.
- Faraday CEO’s Vision: Steve Wang, CEO of Faraday, emphasizes the company’s commitment to fulfilling the evolving needs of future applications. Moreover,he sees the development of the Arm Neoverse-based SoC platform as a strategic move to address the demands of advanced technology nodes.
- Arm’s Role in Innovation: Mohamed Awad, senior vice president and general manager of Infrastructure Line of Business at Arm, highlights the importance of Neoverse CSS in the context of AI advancements and the increasing data proliferation across infrastructure.Moreover,he commends Faraday and Intel for their role in advancing Arm-based custom silicon development.
- Intel’s Commitment to Innovation: Stuart Pann, Intel senior vice president and general manager of Intel Foundry Services (IFS), expresses Intel’s commitment to delivering technology and manufacturing innovation.Moreover,the collaboration with Faraday showcases Intel’s dedication to helping customers meet global power and performance standards for SoC designs.
Faraday’s collaboration with Arm and Intel marks a significant milestone in the semiconductor industry, bringing forth a 64-core SoC that promises exceptional performance and power efficiency.
Moreover, the development of the Arm Neoverse-based SoC platform using Intel 18A technology is a testament to Faraday’s commitment to innovation and meeting the evolving needs of data centers, HPC, and 5G networks. Additionally,as the industry looks towards the future, this collaboration sets a benchmark for accelerated development timelines and streamlined SoC architecture exploration. Moreover,Keep an eye on Faraday’s upcoming SoC evaluation platform, expected to be a game-changer for customers in various domains.